Unresponsive upstream (bcache)

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Tue Jul 29 03:45:04 UTC 2014

On Jul 28, 2014 8:09 PM, "Ian Pilcher" <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/28/2014 01:45 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Failing that, you could also open a redhat bugzilla bug against the
> > kernel and see if they could help you route your patch to someone who
> > can apply it upstream or at least carry it in Fedora until it's fixed
> > upstream.
>
> Past experience tells me it would simply be CLOSED UPSTREAM.
>
> --
> Ian Pilcher

My past experience is that the Fedora kernel maintainers are responsive and
helpful to an appropriate degree.  Good bug reports get good responses,
vague or ambiguous ones get a response that helps clarify, problems where
other components are involved get redirected.

If a bug gets CLOSED UPSTREAM I'd say there's a very high probability that
the issue is actually under development or has already dealt with. Upstream
might have dealt with the issue in a way that's different from the approach
in your patch - that doesn't mean your bug is dismissed offhand or that
submitting your patch isn't appreciated.

--Pete