using USB memory

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:49:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have some problems to use USB memories .

Fedora recognize automatically thr USB pen  that I plug inside a USB socket:

..... I can see it as
Bus 002 Device 003: id 0781:5575 SanDisk Corp
as result of command "lsubs".

I can also go inside it using Nautilus, and to work with the files stored
inside it *but only if I use Nautilus*.
Instead I cannot use this pen by the terminal (using commands line).

If I execute :
ls /mnt/dir_where_is_mounted,
 I don't see the files that are inside the pen.., .. the output is not
rigth ....

I thougth it necessary to mount manually the USB pen for achieve this
targhet
but I didn't get success also in this way...

*Can some one explain me how tho work with my USB  pen *by command line**?

We need (manually)  to mount the USB devices (memory flash, Hard Disk, ..)
to achieve some purpouse ?

Regards

Thank you
Angelo