Samsung ML-2165W printer help

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 1 21:14:53 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 01 June 2014, Mike Wright sent:
> Cups isn't being very helpful here either.  Almost anything
> administrator related tells me "Forbidden", but nowhere can I find a
> way to "Login" to it.

In past times, as soon as you tried to do something that required
privileges, the CUPS webpage would prompt you to enter them, with the
standard gadget that the web browser used for entering username and
passwords.  They were the root username and password.  I don't know if
they've changed it to require your username and password.

But, otherwise, look in /var/log/cups/ for an error log, and read it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.