F19 install and custom / RAID partitioning

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 10:19:29 UTC 2014

On Thursday 05 June 2014 10:29:36 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> If I do not create the biosboot partition I can create everything else
> without errors but when I return to the main screen I get an warning that
> there is an error checking the storage configuration. The error is:
>
> you have not created a bootloader stage 1 target device
>
> This was the error that I google'd and got the instruction to create the
> biosboot partition at 1MB
>
> catch 22

Not sure if it was the correct thing to do but I checked the BIOS settings and
changed some of the stuff from legacy to EFI (?) then also created /boot/efi
and the installation is now proceeding (hopefully) correctly.

Next to work out how to boot my old server using a LIVE DVD and mount the old
filesystems. Then sit and watch it rsync about 2GB. Yippee