Run multiple desktop environment on the same system without messing up each other

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 5 19:25:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 11:29:45PM +0630, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> I was wondering if their is a way to have multiple desktop environment on a
> system without one messing with other. Anytime you have multiple desktop
> environment on a system they will start writing each others configuration
> files messing up with themes. Not to mention populated application menus.

I don't think that these problems are generally the case. Are you saying
that you don't want to see some applications that are installed on the
system on the menu of some desktop environments because they're written for
a certain toolkit? (That is, no Gnome-targetted apps available in KDE?) Why
limit yourself like that?

> Would it be possible to create different users for different desktop
> environment? Or something like that.

Sure. You could do that.

--
Matthew Miller