GTK Theme Engine not Found Error

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Thu Jun 5 21:35:25 UTC 2014

Hi,
     I have just installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.5.5 on Fedora 20 from
the rpm provided by Adobe but it won't run. Can anyone tell me what the
following warning it produces when run from a shell?

(acroread:4395): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "ia_ora"

After producing this warning acrobat produces a "File read error" dialog
and doesn't run. I am running kde and the "ia_ora" component of the
above message I assume is because I am using the "ia_ora_smooth" gtk
widget set, and, I have the /usr/lib64 theme engine path that all the
kde themes are installed into in the path list in path list in the
widget path configuration.

Just as a slight side issue to this does anyone have any experience with
Eclipse 4.3.2 and windowbuilder, I have an issue at the moment that when
I click on a widget I want to add to the gui design, or try and select a
property on an existing widget in the design, I get a dialog complaining
of an acrobat read error displayed twice. The issue only occurs the
first time I try this in an eclipse session. I was getting this issue
with acrobat 9.5.1 and uninstalling that version and installing 9.5.5
does not rectify the issue.

Any help on these issues would be much appreciated.

regards,
Steve