How I got Firefox 29 to not be slow.

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Thu Jun 5 21:44:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 12:07:54PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 09:59:08 -0600
> linux guy wrote:
>
> > I ran a "ps aux |
> > grep firefox" only to find a ghost firefox instance still running.  I
> > killed it.
>
> This seems to be epidemic in browsers. If you use chrome for a while
> you'll see it there too.

I've had similar experiences. Having 50 or more open tabs in several tab groups.
When you look at the ps output next time notices FFs memory usage. I noticed
it tends to use more and more memory over time and a a certain point it just
becomes slow. Therefor I just quit FF overy couple of days and restart it.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112