OpenSSL package updates coming shortly to mirrors

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:48:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:18:08 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> >> Oh, I have both x86_64 and i686 version of openssl-libs installed and the i686
> >> version is not in koji.
> >
> > Of course it is!
> >
> > Paul has mentioned that then you need to drop the "--arch=x86_64" option
> > from the koji download command.
> >
> Yes, I saw that but since openssl-libs is the only i686 version I had expected
> it to come with arch=x86_64 build. I am not familiar at all with the koji stuff.

In short:
In the Fedora Build System - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/ - a source
RPM package is built for at least one target architecture. Hence for the
openssl src.rpm there are separate build results for x86_64 and i686 (and
any other primary archs that may have been configured). The builds for all
architectures must succeed, or else the complete build job is considered a
failed attempt.

In the package repositories, the i686 build of openssl-libs is published
in the x86_64 repository by a repository compose tool ("mash"). It knows
several strategies to determine which packages are to be put in a multiarch
repository.