background - "stopped" how to kill!

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:44:51 UTC 2014

Hi.

I know this isn't really a fed issue, but I'm curious to how to handle it.

I have a basic test php app foo.php

I run it from the cmdline - it sleeps, it dies, life is good. The pID
is removed from the procTBL as expected.

However, if I change the running to be -- foo.php & so the test runs
as a background process, the process gets listed as "Stopped" "T" in
the status of the procTBL.

My question, is how the heck can I implement something within the test
foo.php to have it die/be removed from the procTBL when it dies..

I've implemented the kill_posix within the app, and I've searched alla
over trying to resolve this..

So, what the heck am I missing.

And I know I could have an external app kill it, but that's the same
as killing the foo.php test from the cmdline..

Thoughts/comments..

thanks