REALLY quiting skype

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 7 01:07:45 UTC 2014

The trick I find with newer skype installs in Fedora 19 and 20  that you
have to click the blue "S" button, bottom left of the panel, then click
the red [Quit].
Sign Out leaves skype on and active and I cannot easily restart Skype
without ps aux | grep skype and killing the process.
CTRL+Q doesn't work on my Fedora box it leaves the process running.
I am suspicious that leaving it running by signing out or not, may leave
a back door open. It is Microsoft after all, so for me killing skype is
mandatory.
Roger