Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jun 7 12:08:42 UTC 2014

Sudhir Khanger wrote:

>> The time when DNF will take over from Yum in Fedora is nearing. We're
> wondering: is there stuff people are still missing from DNF that they have
> got recently in Yum? Or even something else! We've put together a very
> short and simple survey. Let your opinion be heard!
>>

> http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/06/06/vote-for-yum-features-that-you-miss-in-dnf/

Why not "Vote for yum vs dnf"?
What exactly is wrong with yum?
It has worked faultlessly and painlessly for me for years,
with addons to deal with every conceivable problem.
If there is some problem with it,
why not simply deal with that problem
instead of inventing a completely new program?

"our society teaches people to overvalue innovation
so as to distract them from more important things
such as freedom, democracy, and giving everyone a comfortable life"
Richard Stallman

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net