Trying do get F20 up

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 8 03:07:58 UTC 2014

On 06/08/14 10:15, don fisher wrote:
> All of the configuration files have changed from my previous version (I think it is F17). Is there documentation on how to set up acpi? Is there documentation of all of these other changes? I am command line orientated and have trouble finding where things are. Pleases help a non-windows orientated person.

Your question seem very general and vague to the point where I, for one, would find it hard to answer.

Try asking specific questions, one subject per post.  Meaning if you want to know about DNS configuration and sendmail configuration don't lump those together.

As for "acpi" what do you mean by setting it up?  Do you have, for example, a Toshiba laptop and do you need to install acpitool?

root at meimei ~]# dnf info acpitool
Available Packages
Name        : acpitool
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 0
Version     : 0.5.1
Release     : 7.fc20
Size        : 57 k
Repo        : fedora
Summary     : Command line ACPI client
URL         : http://freeunix.dyndns.org:8000/site2/acpitool.shtml
License     : GPLv2+
Description : AcpiTool is a Linux ACPI client. It's a small command line
            : application, intended to be a replacement for the apm tool. Besides
            : "basic" ACPI information like battery status, AC presence, putting
            : the laptop to sleep, Acpitool also supports various extensions for
            : Toshiba, Asus and IBM Thinkpad laptops, allowing you to change the
            : LCD brightness level, toggle fan on/off, and more.

Is this page of value?  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/index.html

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis