Install problem (Fedora 20-32bit

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:49:10 UTC 2014

> On Sun, 2014-06-08 at 16:54 -0400, Doug wrote:
>> Well, the reason was that I had the disk. So I listened to the sage
>> advice from the list here, and started to download the file. I have
>> the
>> usual cable connection, and I thought
>> I'd have the file in 20 minutes or so. The estimate was 4½ hours! I
>> said
>> to go ahead, and then after about 2½ hours I accidentally aborted it.
>> I'll try again late tonite.
>> I'm downloadeing from fedoraproject.org.
>
> Use a torrent download (the same site has torrent versions). It's likely
> to be faster, not to mention easier to restart partial downloads.
>
> poc

His complaint was that his download did not complete. A torrent would be
a complete restart. And a torrent, at this late date, would/could be
slow since the possibility od acctive 'seeds' would/could be small.

And, IMO, since he can not complete, or resume, an oridinary d/l -- you
expect him to preform a torrent d/l? God luck with that.

--

  David