Install problem (Fedora 20-32bit

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 8 22:13:06 UTC 2014

On 06/09/14 05:49, David wrote:
> His complaint was that his download did not complete. A torrent would be
> a complete restart. And a torrent, at this late date, would/could be
> slow since the possibility od acctive 'seeds' would/could be small.

Just for the heck of it, I'm re-downloading the torrent using the torrent file on fedoraproject.org.  I'm getting 2.8 Mb/sec and expect the dl to be done in 30 minutes.

> And, IMO, since he can not complete, or resume, an oridinary d/l -- you
> expect him to preform a torrent d/l? God luck with that.

A dl by torrent is generally better since you're getting data from multiple sources via multiple paths over the internet.  A ftp/http download is from a single source along a single path.  More susceptible to a failure.

Also, FWIW, when you do a wget on the DVD via fedoraproject you actually get mirror.  I just tried it and I get a mirror that is very close to me here in Taiwan.  Yet, I'm getting only 25Kb/s and the download is expected to take 2Days.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis