Install problem (Fedora 20-32bit

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:24:52 UTC 2014

On 8 June 2014 22:54, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> I'd have the file in 20 minutes or so. The estimate was 4 1/2 hours! I said to
> go ahead, and then after about 2 1/2 hours I accidentally aborted it. I'll try
> again late tonite.

Hi Doug. Good to hear from you again.

If you are using Firefox to download, then I suggest that you add a
download manager to it. There are several free ones. They download
faster, by splitting big files into chunks and downloading all the
chunks at once. Also, they can handle pausing a download and starting
it again later on, picking up where they left off. This includes if
you lose your connection or something.

The one I use is called DownThemAll. It's a Firefox addon and it's
free, although they ask for a donation.

Go into Firefox. Pick the Tools menu. Pick Addons. Type "downthemall"
into the box. It should find it quickly; pick install. Close Firefox
and reopen it.

Then retry your Fedora download. When Firefox asks you what to do with
the file - open, save etc. - there should now be a new option,
"download with DownThemAll". Choose this.

Typically I find things download 2-4x faster and the extra reliability
is a big help.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven