Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 9 12:30:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 09:59:15AM +0200, Jan Zelený wrote:
> > till October) will give folks plenty of time to hone their dnf skills.
> > IMO, for many (majority?) it will be a drop-in replacement for yum.
> Yes, that's the plan. There are some differences but they are all well
> documented.

Is the plan to actually rename dnf to yum at that point? If it is truly a
drop-in replacement, that seems like the less disruptive approach for users
(and scripts) everywhere.

Additionally, in remembrance of Seth Vidal, I would hate to see Fedora lose
'yum'. Even if Seth would probably find that silly, it's important to me.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>