Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 9 13:15:42 UTC 2014

> The time when DNF will take over from Yum in Fedora is nearing. We're
> wondering: is there stuff people are still missing from DNF that they
> have got recently in Yum? Or even something else! We've put together a
> very short and simple survey. Let your opinion be heard!

> http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/06/06/vote-for-yum-features-that-you-miss-in-dnf/

The list of missing yum options is both outdated and incomplete. For
example, it's missing "includepkgs" (a repository option), for people who
need to access specific packages from non-Fedora compatible repos. On the
other hand, it includes "deltarpm", although dnf has supported this for a
while now.

Sorry for replying out of thread, but I normally use Gmane to reply, and for
some reason this thread never showed up there. (Normally there's just a
delay, but it's past that point now.)