Install problem (Fedora 20-32bit

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:24:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-08 at 17:49 -0400, David wrote:
> > Use a torrent download (the same site has torrent versions). It's
> likely
> > to be faster, not to mention easier to restart partial downloads.
> >
> > poc
> >

> His complaint was that his download did not complete. A torrent would
> be
> a complete restart.

Wrong, see below.

> And a torrent, at this late date, would/could be
> slow since the possibility od acctive 'seeds' would/could be small.

As an experiment I just started a torrent download of the x86_64 DVD.
It's currently coming from 88 peers and maxing out my 80Mbps connection.

> And, IMO, since he can not complete, or resume, an oridinary d/l --
> you
> expect him to preform a torrent d/l? God luck with that.

I restart (i.e. continue) torrents all the time. I frequently reboot my
machine while it's in the middle of downloading a torrent and have never
had the least problem in continuing it. The whole point of torrents is
that they consist of multiple pieces from different sources.

poc