Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 9 17:50:50 UTC 2014

On 06/07/14 12:19, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
> > Those of us who have to consider "usage" are willing to wait for the
> rpm rebuilding >process
>
> Don't think you can speak for all of us. I don't prefer to wait at all
> and want the process to go as fast as it can.   I have to deal with
> many more updates as a package maintainer and slowing me down will
> reduce the amount of time I can spend getting users the updates they
> want.  So it likely affects you indirectly as well.
>
> Rahul

Well it appears that we can both have it our way. I simple added
"deltarpm=1" to "/etc/dnf/dnf.conf."

[main]
gpgcheck=1
installonly_limit=3
clean_requirements_on_remove=true
deltarpm=1

That reduced a 171 MB update to 43 MB. It appears I might save a GB or
more in the course of a month. That is much more important to me than
the time dnf update spends rebuilding rpm's.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE