Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Mon Jun 9 21:25:59 UTC 2014

On 06/09/2014 05:45 PM, Jan Zelený wrote:
> On 6. 6. 2014 at 16:56:18, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 14:46 +0200, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The time when DNF will take over from Yum in Fedora is nearing. We're
>>> wondering: is there stuff people are still missing from DNF that they
>>> have got recently in Yum? Or even something else! We've put together a
>>> very short and simple survey. Let your opinion be heard!
>>>
>>> http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/06/06/vote-for-yum-features-that-you-miss-in-d
>>> nf/
>> Can the default configuration still leave you without a working kernel
>> or has that been fixed?
> IIRC there was a bug that has been fixed. If you encounter this again, feel
> free to let us know.
Hi,
     Just another question, is DNF multi-threaded? From my perspective
it would be ideal if it could be configured to specify how many parallel
downloads to start (like other download managers I have used under
windows) and like some compilers I have used, configure how many threads
to use to allow non-dependent installs to run in parallel. In my view
that would potentially speed up the install process.