Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jun 10 21:51:01 UTC 2014

On 06/10/2014 02:13 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
>      I'm not saying there is any benefit of one over the other, all I am
> saying is that the package manager I currently use seems to be using the
> latter method when upgrades to the kmod.nvidia packages are required.

I use yumex every morning to keep my desktop up-to-date, and I use
kmod-nvidia.  When there's a new kernel, there's generally also a new
kmod to match it, and the two get installed together.  When a new kernel
gets installed, the oldest one I have gets removed, and yumex reports
that it's removing the matching kmod as a dependency of the kernel.  I'm
not sure, but I think that if I just used yum from a CLI, it would
report things the same way.  What package manager are you using?