Wifi connection issues with Intel?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:31:09 UTC 2014

On 11.06.2014 21:39, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11.06.2014 15:33, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for tips!
>>>
>>> I did a yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update kernel\* iwl\* and got the
>>> latest packages.
>>>
>>> The connection definitely seems "better", it didn't take nearly as long to
>>> remote in over ssh but I'm still not seeing the 108Mbit, does that require
>>> a 5GHz connection instead of 2.4GHz?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Richard
>>>

>> You can play with iwlwifi parameter '11n_disable'.
>> However what HW & FW your AP/router is, and what are the settings?
>

> Were is that set? I didn't see it in iwconfig...

:)
$ modinfo -p iwlwifi | grep 11n

- disable full
# modprobe -vr iwlwifi
# modprobe -v iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
# cat /sys/module/iwlwifi/parameters/11n_disable
1

- disable agg TX
# modprobe -vr iwlwifi
# modprobe -v iwlwifi 11n_disable=2
# cat /sys/module/iwlwifi/parameters/11n_disable
2

- disable agg RX
# modprobe -vr iwlwifi
# modprobe -v iwlwifi 11n_disable=4
# cat /sys/module/iwlwifi/parameters/11n_disable
4

- enable agg TX
# modprobe -vr iwlwifi
# modprobe -v iwlwifi 11n_disable=8
# cat /sys/module/iwlwifi/parameters/11n_disable
8

> The access point is a Ubiquity UniFi AP. The channel is set to auto and
> using the Unifi software I can see other devices are connecting as "n"
> instead of "g" like the laptop.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

There are four "indoor" models, and basic one ain't 5 GHz.
Besides there is no soft for the linux distros.

poma