Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Jun 15 19:12:07 UTC 2014

On 06/09/14 16:28, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Do you have the bug reference? I'd rather find out before dnf leaves me
> with a non-bootable system. The reason I'm harping on about it is that
> in a thread on this list a few months back the developers didn't seem to
> think it was a bug.

It has not been fixed. See bug 1049310. Ales wrote the following "If
there's enough CCs in this bug (>40) I will consider the proper way to
implement something that prevents 'dnf erase kernel' from removing the
running kernel." So if you want that behaviour (the way yum does it),
make a CC to that bug.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>