Error while updating system

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:59:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:39:16 +0800, Someone wrote:

> > Once you've booted with a newer kernel, you could uninstall older kernel
> > packages *and* any kmod packages for those kernels.
> >

> What would that look like, in my case?

Since you've referred to "sudo yum update -y", you would also use "yum"
to remove installed packages with "yum remove" (see "man yum" or the
help output for details). Note that if you specify a package to remove,
Yum will also try to remove any dependencies. So, if you specify an
old kernel (after checking with "uname -r" that you run a newer one),
it will also remove anything that depends on that kernel package.