Routing table suddenly limited

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:43:14 UTC 2014

Everyone:

Have you ever seen this result from the command route -n?

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags    Metric Ref
Use Iface
0.0.0.0            192.168.1.1   0.0.0.0               UG    1024
0        0 wlp3s0
192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0           255.255.255.0   U       0 0        0 wlp3s0

The "wlp3s0" is a wireless interface.

But I have another computer that uses a regular Ethernet interface. The
result, except for a different interface name, is the same.

As a result, Samba suddenly won't work for me anymore.

The only difference is, I permanently retired an old computer from my
home network. That computer had been running Fedora 20, and I had made
updates since Fedora 12. Now, with that computer no longer part of the
network, neither of the two Linux boxes can see the other. But either of
them can see a Windows physical box, so long as that box is turned on.

Temlakos