Routing table suddenly limited

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:37:34 UTC 2014

On 06/18/2014 12:45 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you ever seen this result from the command route -n?
>>
>> Kernel IP routing table
>> Destination    Gateway       Genmask         Flags    Metric Ref     Use
>> Iface
>> 0.0.0.0        192.168.1.1   0.0.0.0         UG    1024 0        0
>> wlp3s0
>> 192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0           255.255.255.0   U       0 0        0 wlp3s0
>>
>> The "wlp3s0" is a wireless interface.
>>
>> But I have another computer that uses a regular Ethernet interface. The
>> result, except for a different interface name, is the same.
>>
>> As a result, Samba suddenly won't work for me anymore.
> Do you have a restriction on the interface(s) to use in the samba
> config? (An "interfaces =" line.)

It was commented out. I took out the semicolon. It now includes "lo" and
"192.169.1.0/24" plus the two named connections, one wired and one
wireless, I have available. They are named "p37p1" and "wlp3s0." Of
these only "wlp3s0" is listed because I disconnected the wired interface.

I just took that semicolon out a minute ago. How long do I have to wait
for it to start listening in on "lo" and the others?

Temlakos