Why won't smbd and nmbd start automatically on system start?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 18 13:02:27 UTC 2014

On 06/18/14 20:59, Temlakos wrote:
> $ systemctl status smb.service
> smb.service - Samba SMB Daemon
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/smb.service; disabled)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>
> [Temlakos at temlakos ~]$ systemctl status nmb.service
> nmb.service - Samba NMB Daemon
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nmb.service; disabled)
>    Active: inactive (dead)

Yep....  disabled

systemctl enable smb.service
systemctl enable nmb.service

And they will start at boot time....

systemctl start smb.service
systemctl start nmb.service

To get them going without having to boot.

systemd is the "new" kid in town.  Read up on it in the link I provided.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis