Video capture in Windows and Linux

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:29:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:24:48 -0400
Temlakos wrote:

> Now anyone here can jump in to tell me whether the MythTV project has
> anything going with the Hauppauge HD-PVR2. And how soon Linux will be
> able to "just play" a Blu-Ray disk, either commercial or one of my
> home-burn jobs.

The new hauppauge units don't have linux support, but I've
been using my (older model) hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR to capture
protected programs off my TiVo (component video connection,
so no encryption) for a few weeks. It is a little flaky
(a lot flaky till I updated the firmware), but it seems
to mostly work OK.

You shouldn't have a problem "just playing" a home-burn Blu-Ray
(at least if you install all the mplayer bits from rpmfusion),
commercial DRM protected ones, I don't know about.