Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card for Dell Inspiron 1545: How to Drive It!

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Jun 19 17:41:24 UTC 2014

On 06/19/2014 07:19 AM, poma issued this missive:
> On 19.06.2014 12:55, Temlakos wrote:
>> By the way: the Dell Inspiron 1545 has a button with a picture of a
>> wireless antenna tower on it. I assume that works in the Windows
>> environment to turn wireless connectivity on and off. Does it work at
>> all in the Linux environment? Or may I safely ignore it? (It also
>> functions as "F2" if I strike the blue "Fn" key first.)
>>
>> Temlakos
>>

> The explanation could be found in the user manual, right?
> With a little salt and pepper. :)

On my Inspiron N7110, that key does work under F20/XFCE. It functions
as the "F2" key if pressed alone.

To toggle the wireless, you have to hold down the "Fn" key and press
F2. The same holds with the other F keys (they're function keys alone,
to use the alternate functions you have to hold down "Fn" while
pressing them). At least the screen switch, volume controls and keypad
on/off seems to work.