yum update from 3.14.4 looks ok, but still stuck 3.14.4-200.fc20.x86_64

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 20 03:59:55 UTC 2014

On Jun 18, 2014, at 10:14 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 06/19/14 12:03, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> I'm not sure what sequence this translates into. I'm pretty sure yum only completes once rpm completes, and rpm includes running new-kernel-pkg which runs grubby which is what updates the grub.cfg. But is it possible that grub2-mkconfig runs before all child processes of yum are done?
>
> The && says…..  run the next command only if the previous command exits with a status of "0".

Hmm well then it ought to work, I'm not sure why it doesn't. In that case if it happens again the output from grub command line (press c at the grub menu):
pager=1
set

It might require 2 cellphone jpg photos. And also the /boot/grub2/grub.cfg [1] and /etc/default/grub file.

Chris Murphy

[1] On UEFI it's tragically at /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg