how to keep firmware loaded

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Fri Jun 20 19:25:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

how do I make it so that the firmware for a particular device doesn't
get unloaded when the device is no longer in use?

Apparently the firmware is unloaded when the device becomes unused.  At
least it is loaded again when the device is used again; messages in
dmesg show that the firmware is loaded again.  There are no messages
about unloading the firmware, so I don't know whether it is actually
unloaded or not.

with the device.  So I would like to load the firmware once and keep it
loaded, without any more attempts to load it once it has been loaded.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)