F20: Touchpad vertical scroll for Dell Latitude E5430

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:59:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19.06.2014 22:51, Marco Guazzone wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've installed F20 x86_64 on my Dell Latitude E5430.
>>
>> Unfortunately, it seems that the vertical scroll with the touchpad
>> (i.e., when you vertically scroll the page by moving up & down your
>> finger) doesn't work.
>> This includes both the single-finger and the double-finger vertical scroll
>>
>> Any idea on how to get it working?
>>
>> Thank you for your time!
>>
>> -- Marco
>>

> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&component=kernel
> hdegoede will probably catch it.
>

> poma

Hi poma,

Thanks for pointing it out.

I've realized that to make the single-finger vertical scrolling
working (at least in XFCE) I have to enable it on the system settings,
where, after selecting the device "AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint" and the
"Touchpad" section, you can choose between either 'edge scrolling'
(i.e., the single-finger scrolling) or the 'two-finger scrolling'.
If I select 'edge-scrolling', the single-finger scrolling works like a charm.

Cheers

-- Marco