Jitsi - Open Source Video Calls and Chat, Web Conferences, Desktop Sharing, Secure communications, Multi Platform, 32 & 64 bit version

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Jun 22 00:44:31 UTC 2014

On 06/21/2014 03:49 PM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 20/06/2014 alle 13.52 +0200, poma ha scritto:
>> For those who do not wait:
>> https://jitsi.org/
>>
> I have install Jitsi on my Fedora 20 + Gnome 3 from repo, but when I run
> it, if I click to [x] it's disappeared, and happened into windows list
> (or in overview mode) a task with name [JavaEmbeddedFrame], but if I
> click on it nothing happens.
>
> To resolve I must to "pkill -9 java" and re run jitsi.
>
> How to recall jitsi when is reduced to icon on tray?
>
> Thanks

Clicking on [x] does not terminate the program
but simply "hides" the GUI, by design.

To show the GUI window, look for the Jitsi icon in
the system tray, right click, and select 'Show'.

To terminate the program,  look for the Jitsi icon
in the system tray, right click, and select 'Quit'.

The behaviour is similar to Pidgin.