LDAP login from console

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sun Jun 22 20:57:01 UTC 2014

I have a system that uses LDAP. Originally I set this up as a
stand-alone until all my company's security issues were mitigated. The
problem is that on the GDM login, it does not display the name. I have
this set up on our RHEL servers but not my laptop, so I log in as a
local user and ssh to the servers. I can SU (or SUDO) to the LDAP user.
I do have a local user set up with the same userid and group, but a
separate home directory. I probably missed something somewhere.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix