Fedora 20 on Dell Precision M3850

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Jun 23 11:57:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:16:44 +1000 Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:

> > Hi Ranjan
> > regarding question 1) I got a PC (Desktop) with fully installed
> > Windoze 7 as well. I then told the Fedora Installer to shrink the
> > Windoze partition. Then I installed Fedora (without dual boot). And on
> > Linux I installed VirtualBox and I made Windoze 7 to operate in
> > VirtualBox.
> > This way, I don't need to reboot, but can start Windoze like a Fedora
> > application.
> >
> > suomi
> Can the same be done with xp?
> If dual boot is used can we choose to boot to linux first without
> overwriting the MBR.
> Thanks
> Roger

Hello Roger,

Yes, this can be done with XP. My wife (who prefers the Debian-based
distributions) does exactly that with her minimal ubuntu-based
distribution.

Note, however, that XP is no longer supported/updated so stuff will
eventually break on that side.

Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use