Cntrl-Alt-F[2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12] do not work

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:51:45 UTC 2014

On 06/23/2014 11:16 AM, Laing, Robin wrote:
> Is there something that is happening to the keyboard mapping?  My
> keyboards require a function key to be set to use the Function keys.  Is
> this being reset when Mate starts?
>

> showkey can be used to see if they are working.
>
> On my keyboard, if the F lock button is not pushed, then the keys send
> anything.
>

> xkeycaps as well.
I ran showkey, and pressed: alt-ctrl-f2-f2
[root at pauls-server ~]# showkey
kb mode was ?UNKNOWN?
[ if you are trying this under X, it might not work
since the X server is also reading /dev/console ]

press any key (program terminates 10s after last keypress)...
ALT:
keycode  28 release
keycode  56 press
keycode  56 release