Fedora 20 on Dell Precision M3850

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jun 24 04:16:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:00:33 +0800 Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com>
wrote:

> On 06/24/14 11:46, JD wrote:
> > The only software I have used that CONSISTENTLY and RELIABLY shrunk
> > an NTFS partition to make room for dual boot (installation of another OS),
> > has been ParttionMagic 8.0.
> > Unfortunately, it is only available for win32. It will NOT run on
> > win64. I know, because I tried it!
>
> Since the OP's system will come with Win7 he may as well just shrink it using the Win7 utilities.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg309169.aspx
>
> --
> Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis

Hi,

I tried exactly the above but I got a message which says that I can
only shrink it to some 226 GB (or something like that). The HD is 500
GB. So where did the rest go? All on Windows? Containing what? I did
not fill anything.

Thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use