Fedora 20 K3B broken

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 25 02:43:34 UTC 2014

On 06/25/14 10:35, Paul Erickson wrote:
> I don't know exactly when this happened, but today when I tried to use K3B, I get the following error:
>
> [paul at paul Desktop]$ k3b
> k3b: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> A search for libproj.so.0: reveals that it is on the system.
>
> [paul at paul Desktop]$ whereis libproj.so.0
> libproj.so: /usr/lib/libproj.so.0
> [paul at paul Desktop]$
>
> Any ideas how I can fix this? I have tried reinstalling K3B and the problem persists.
>
> Thanks in advance.

First of all, libproj.so.0 is provided by proj not k3b.  You may both the 64 and 32 bit versions installed on your system.  I would check that you have it/them installed and that the symbolic link to libproj.so.0.7.0 exits.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis