Install Problem with Fedora 20 (No Local Standard Disks)

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.net
Thu Jun 26 23:47:49 UTC 2014

Everyone,

I purchased a used (refurbished) Dell Optiplex 755 that came with
Windows 7 installed.  I am trying to install Fedora 20, but when I get
to the "Installation Destination" screen the fedora installer is not
finding any "Local Standard Discs", which means I have been unable to
start any installation.

The system boots to Windows without any problem.  I was planning on
overwriting the disc and getting rid of the windows product entirely.  I
have checked sum the installation disc, and have even created a second
Fedora 20 installation disc and have the same problem.

Sure would appreciate some guidance from someone on the list that has
solved a similar or same problem.

Thanks,

Greg Ennis