f20 - audio problem

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Jun 27 01:12:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Exploring f20 and have a self inflicted wound.

While trying to get flash to play on vlc I found a conflict between
libvpx and some other libraries so the resident genius yum removed it,
and all of the other packages dependent upon it, thinking they'd be easy
to reinstall.

Not the best idea.  Now I've got all sorts of video but not a peep of audio.

I yum installed alsa* and pulseaudio*.  The ALSA mixer I have now looks
nothing like the one here before.  Pulseaudio volume control->Playback
says "ALSA plug-in [plugin-container (deleted)]: ALSA Playback"  but yum
list reports alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-x86_64 as an installed package.

I couldn't find an Audio Group.  Does anybody know how to reinstall the
standard f20 audio packages or where I can find a list of packages
installed into a fresh f20 system (from the live xfce spin)?

Thanks,
Mike Wright