Install Problem with Fedora 20 (No Local Standard Disks)

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.net
Fri Jun 27 01:58:28 UTC 2014

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:11:01 -0700

On 06/26/2014 04:47 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
+AD4 The system boots to Windows without any problem.  I was planning on
+AD4 overwriting the disc and getting rid of the windows product entirely.  I
+AD4 have checked sum the installation disc, and have even created a second
+AD4 Fedora 20 installation disc and have the same problem.
+AD4
+AD4 Sure would appreciate some guidance from someone on the list that has
+AD4 solved a similar or same problem.

Boot from a Live USB/CD/DVD and use its partitioning software to delete
all partitions from the hard drive.  (If there's no GUI software, you
can always use fdisk in a terminal.)  Then, boot from the installation
media and see if it finds the drive.

Jeff,

Thanks very much.

I had an F19 live CD, and it did recognize the disc.  I was able to
remove the partition, with the 'disk' software, but I could not get the
F20 install DVD to recognize it until I went back into the Live F19 and
formatted the partition.  After this F20 recognized the partition and I
could proceed.

Do you have any comments what was happening as to why F20 did not
recognize it in the beginning.

Greg