[OT] Re: Install Problem with Fedora 20 (No Local Standard Disks)

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 27 09:34:50 UTC 2014

On 06/27/14 16:34, Rolf Turner wrote:
> On 27/06/14 17:56, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 06/26/2014 06:58 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> No problem, but my name is Joe, not Jeff.  Yes, I know why you got it
>> wrong, but that doesn't mean that I don't like having my name mangled.
>

> Joe:  I get called "Ralph" or "Rolph" or "Rolphe" or "Ross" or ..., far more often than I get called "Rolf".  (Roughly 95% --- 5%).  I have learned to live with it.  (Ah, the *mellowness* that comes with advancing years!)

Now that I re-read it.....  "that doesn't mean that I don't like having my name mangled"  reduces to "I like having my name mangled".  :-)

Such as "just because I didn't want any ice cream doesn't mean I don't like ice cream."

FWIW, I answer to "Ed", "Edward", "Eddie", "Edy" (Don't ask),  "エド", "爱德华", and "Hey You".

Sorry for the OT'ness.  Just thought this rather amusing.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis