Dell Inspiron 1545 touchpad suddenly s-l-o-w

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:18:56 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 08:01 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/28/14 07:36, Temlakos wrote:
>> Booting into the kernel installed with the live spin did not work.
> Does that mean "the touchpad is still slow" or something else?
>
> If it means, "the touchpad is still slow", then I'd try downgrading the previously mentioned Xorg components.
>
>> Here's another thing that has failed: wireless service.
> I would work on, focus, on one issue at a time.

I take your point.

Happily, the laptop was just now able to detect neighborhood wireless
services. it found the connection I had already set up, and connected
automatically. So the wireless issue is now resolved.

That leaves the slow touchpad. As I said, I can cope by hooking up a USB
mouse.

The touchpad has the name "AlpsPS/2 ALPS" if that makes any sense to anyone.

To the person who mentioned the latest xorg-x11-server package: update
checking doesn't work using KDE's Apper. How do I force the system to
check for further updates and recognize that those updates exist?

Temlakos