Also my Asus Eee900 - Re: Dell Inspiron 1545 touchpad suddenly s-l-o-w

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jun 29 04:25:51 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 08:03 PM, Andrew Price wrote:
> On 27/06/14 22:32, Temlakos wrote:
>> The latest updates--pushed yesterday--cause the touchpad on my Dell
>> Inspiron 1545 to run v-e-r-y s-l-o-w.
>>
>> It was so bad, I tried to reinstall Fedora.
>>
>> At first the reinstall restored the swift movement of the touchpad
>> pointer.
>>
>> But as soon as it took the updates, everything slowed down once again.
>>
>> When I run in Setup, the touchpad cursor moves swiftly. But not when
>> Fedora is loaded.
>>
>> What a time for this to happen. I simply cannot use it for any kind of
>> presentation in the shape it's in.
>>
>> What package might I possibly be able to roll back until somebody fixes
>> the problem?
>>
>> Temlakos
>
> Perhaps this update created earlier today will fix the problem:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-7810/xorg-x11-server-1.14.4-11.fc20

Friday I updated my Eee900 and got a slew of updates as it had been a
time since the last update on that system.  So when the touchpad became
so slow, I decided to do other things for the rest of the day.  So
tonight, I had to use the system again and no new updates to download
and reboot did not help.

So add the Asus Eee900 (i686) to the list of systems messed up by this,
and I will wait for the update to be pushed out.