How to get my app visible in gnome-software

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:33:27 UTC 2014

On 28 June 2014 23:14, jeandet alexis <alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the documentation, I've added the .appdata.xml file. I'm
> still not able to see my app in gnome-software

GNOME software in 3.10 and 3.12 uses the AppStream metadata that is
generated from the fedora repos. You need to get your application into
Fedora before it will be visible in the software center. GNOME
Software has no way of searching all the random repos on the Internet,
and can only load the metadata that has been prepared ahead of time.

If you're using GNOME 3.14, gnome-software will consider your local
AppData file and show the correct data, but obviously this will not
work until the application is installed manually.

Richard.