Adobereader won't install

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:23:00 UTC 2014

On 06/29/2014 11:16 AM, Mickey wrote:
> yum -y localinstall AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu.rpm
>
> Yum does install  AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu.rpm but when I run the
> command acroread the Adobereader won't start and nothing shows in
> /var/log/messages.

I think it's because the name of the command is now changed. No longer
"acroread" but "AdobeReader." Note: that's case-sensitive.

"Acrobat" is now reserved for the PDF /editor/.

And by the way: the latest version is more than a year old.

Where can we find a side-by-side feature table for Adobe Reader v.
Okular, or whatever the favored PDF viewer is for Gnome?

Temlakos