Warning with grub2-mkconfig?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jun 30 16:51:15 UTC 2014

I'm totally guessing, but since /etc/default/grub is the same on working and not working systems, this implicates grubenv. What I'm not sure of is the proper way to obliterate it and make sure it gets recreated correctly. I think you could just delete it, and then:
grub2-install /dev/sda
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

However, before you do that it might be useful to capture some debug output from grub.cfg creation with this:
bash -x grub2-mkconfig

Post the output. This intentionally leaves out the -o. I'm not sure this will tell us why the warning is produced. Also it's just a warning, it's not an actual problem or error.

Chris Murphy