yum update took 99.99% of cpu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 30 17:23:38 UTC 2014

On 06/30/14 08:19, Tim wrote:
<>

> Hmm, I thought top had an option for a plain text output, but I can't
> see anything suitable in the man file.  Maybe, long ago, when I did
> something like that, I just did "less -R output" ("output" being the top
> text file).

are you thinking of:

       -b : Batch mode operation
             Starts top in 'Batch mode', which could be useful for
             sending output from top to other programs or to a file.
             In  this  mode,  top will  not  accept input and runs
             until the iterations limit you've set with the '-n'
             command-line option or until killed.

        -n : Number of iterations limit as:  -n number
             Specifies the maximum number of iterations, or frames,
             top  should produce before ending.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.