Warning with grub2-mkconfig?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Jun 30 21:14:08 UTC 2014

On 30 Jun 2014 at 14:28, Tom H wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:28:37 -0400
Subject:        	Re: Warning with grub2-mkconfig?
From:           	Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com>
To:             	Fedora Users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Chris Murphy
> <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote: > > I'm totally guessing, but since
> /etc/default/grub is the same on working and not working systems, this
> implicates grubenv. What I'm not sure of is the proper way to
> obliterate it and make sure it gets recreated correctly. I think you
> could just delete it, and then:

Ran the yum update again, and it installed 3.14.9 kernel, and then reran the
grub2-mkconfig on all machine, and now none show the warning? Nothing
else was done? Accessing the machines from 7 timezones away, so don't
have direct access to systems till August. But thought it strange that one got
the warning will 19 didn't?

Thanks again, for the suggestion. Wish I knew what fixed it, but it seemed to
be something that I didn't do?

> You can delete it or you can use grub2-editenv to list or unset
> variables. -- users mailing list users at lists.fedoraproject.org To
> unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> Conduct: http://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conduct Guidelines:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines Have a question?
> Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     16959984.509916   |   SETI        28132633.578134
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    27019412.734938