Lost my user -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 1 18:29:03 UTC 2014

On 03/01/14 13:12, g wrote:

> > I don't expect much though,
>
> you do have your share of problems. ;-)

It's done, the re-install is running now.

I know when it happened but not why. Last thing I did was put an audio
book on a flash drive. In order to clear the flash drive I always cd to
it and and "rm -fr *". I've been doing that for the last 8 years, never
a problem.

Last night after doing that I closed the things I normally close and
clicked on "Shutdown." For whatever reason it did a number on my
/home/bobg/ directory and I know not what else?

Should not have happened but ... I will use more care in shutting down
in the future ...

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD